Your Science photo journal from the Aquarium field trip is due on Tuesday. Please contact your partner(s) and make sure you create a quick Animoto that is completed according to the criteria outlined on your handout from the other day. You will have time on Monday to work on this.
If you have time, watch this video on deep sea creatures!
1.) LA/NOVEL APPROACH:
- Read up the the end of chapter 10.
- Be prepared for your group discussion on Monday.
- Keep track of your powerful words/phrases, deep connections, and thinking and learning questions with stickies. If you don't have stickies, simply write them on a piece of paper in an organized manner for each chapter you read.
- YOU MUST BRING YOUR NOVEL BACK TO SCHOOL.
2.) MATH 6: Complete any assigned work. All of you have a mean, median, and mode test coming up. Some classes have it on Monday and some have it on Tuesday. Check your teacher's website for further details.
MATH 7: Complete any assigned textbook questions and the 6.5 worksheet on the back of your quiz. Start the chapter self test at the end of chapter 6. Your unit test will be on Tuesday.
- Self assess your Prezi (deep sea explorer) with your partner and improve on your projects. This includes the descriptions of how each component helps explore the deep sea! Your projects are due on Monday. No more time will be given in class. Be sure to have you spreadsheet completed as well. Post any questions you have here or email me directly.
- Complete your Prototype Airplane Report. This must be handed in when you walk in the door on Monday. No extra time will be given in class. Follow the criteria outlined in your blue booklet and be sure to write or type up your report. You must attach the table. Your table includes all your observations.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- What are all the limitations to deep sea exploration that you learned about? Explain each.
- Also, explain a SPECIFIC type of technology that would help overcome EACH of these limitations.
- Do some research and find one thing that has been invented by a Canadian that helps explore any extreme environment. Do your best not to mention ones that other students have already mentioned. I do understand there will be some overlap.
- Ask two students questions about their response.
- Respond to any questions you receive.
- On the very last line of your PAR, type the name of your Division. I want to see if all of you actually read through today's entire post. :-)
Creatures of the Deep Ocean