- I can work collaboratively with my peers to create a Jackson Pollock-inspired action splatter painting.
- I can explain what abstract expressionism is.
1.) Independently read this page on Jackson Pollock.
2.) Independently read this page on abstract expressionism.
ONLINE JACKSON POLLOCK PAINTING ACTIVITIES:
1.) Jackson Pollock Online Painting Activity #1
2.) Jackson Pollock Online Painting Activity #2
1.) POST A RESPONSE:
- TREAT THIS POST A RESPONSE LIKE IT IS A TEST! I will read your response and this will determine if you are meeting expectations.
- Based on what you learned about Jackson Pollock's action splatter painting and abstract expressionism (links above), complete your post a response (learning reflection).
- REMEMBER: You must read through the independent reading links under the ART section above. Reread if necessary to monitor your comprehension.
- A well written response (We are calling this your learning reflection) must include the following:
2. ) Supporting sentences (examples from what you experienced during the activity)
3.) Your opinions on what you thought of the activity and how you expressed your feelings/emotions
when you were painting.
4.) What you learned based on the learning intentions. (READ ABOVE TO CHECK THE
5.) A conclusion.
6.) The givens (spelling, grammar, varied sentence structure, capitals, punctuation, etc)
- Read all posts from your classmates. Choose one post to give feedback on based on the above LEARNING REFLECTION CRITERIA. Give feedback on at least 3 of the above criteria points. For example, if your classmate didn't include a hook, let them know.
- Edit/Revise your learning reflection based on the feedback you received, based on your own self assessment, and ask someone at home to read the PAR and your response and give you some feedback to improve your learning reflection.
- MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! AGAIN, TREAT THIS LIKE A TEST!!!
Jackson Pollock Animated Video