Tomorrow, they will learn more about the different zones and what other things can influence the climate of a location. We will learn about altitude, latitude, air masses, ocean currents, global wind systems, and the proximity to the ocean, sea, or large lakes.
1.) LA: Continue editing/revising your essays. Be sure to respond to any feedback suggestions you have received.
2.) MATH 6: Any assigned work. Check your teacher's website.
MATH 7: Pg 126-127 (Section 3.7 of text) #1-6, 7, 9, and 12.
3.) SOCIAL STUDIES: Complete page 1 of 'Patterns in Physical Geography: Climate'.
4.) POST A RESPONSE 1:
- Time to put your research skills to good use!
- In your own words, describe the climate that exists between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Where will it be warmest?
- Include any links that helped you answer this questions.
- Today, please focus on your capitals, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Give at least 2 students feedback on the above points that were just mentioned.
- Respond to feedback and edit/revise your original post.
5.) POST A RESPONSE #2:
- Watch this video and also this one on the deep sea.
- Based on the two videos above, what do you think we can learn through technologies such as Google Maps?
- List at least 3 different things and why they would be useful for humankind to learn about them.
VIDEO LINKS/USEFUL LINKS:
Learn about the Arctic with Google Maps
The Deep Sea with Google Maps