Today, the students learned more about Mesopotamia and about the laws that existed. They learned that the Hammurabi code was very interesting and the consequences for certain actions were much more severe compared to what the consequences are like today. They were quick to note that we have become much more civilized. The students felt that the laws have changed to reflect how we have evolved into a much more developed, civilized, and peaceful people.
1.) MATH 6: Any assign work. Check your teacher's site.
- Pg. 156 - 157 Questions #1-10, 13 and 15.
- Watch this video to review what you learned today.
2.) POST A RESPONSE:
- This will be your second diary/journal entry as a native Mesopotamian who has actually gone forward in time.
- You are in an imaginary time machine that takes you forward in time. You will start in Mesopotamia and make your way to today. Explain what you notice about the people and what the laws are like as you move forward in time to present day. Be sure to list a minimum of 3 stops along your journey through time.
- For example, you will start with what the people and laws are like in Mesoptamia. You may then move onto an Ancient civilization of your choice. Then you may move to the 1800's and then to present day. It is your choice what year/era you choose. Some of you may choose ancient China, Japan, Greece, Egypt, etc. Everyone's time machine will take them on a unique journey to get a glimpse of how people have evolved over time.
- Be sure to provide links to your sources.
- Don't forget to provide good SUPPORT for all your ideas/points/opinions. BACK IT UP!!!
3.) GENIUS HOUR:
- Bring your presentation/materials to school tomorrow if you are presenting or if you simply want to present.
Ratios as Fractions in Simplest Form