In addition to the fun the students had learning about volleyball, they also started working on their soapstone carvings. They drew their animals, did some etching, and also cut out some of the negative space that they did not need.
- To be able to accurately pass a ball to a partner using the proper setting/volleying technique. (PE)
- To use a new medium (soapstone) to create an organism that exists in a specific ecosystem. (ART/SCIENCE)
2.) MATH 6/7: Any incomplete work.
3.) PARENTS: We will have a student led conference next Wednesday from 3-4pm.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- In your own words, explain what a food chain is.
- In your own words, explain what a food web is.
- What is the difference between the two?
- Type out a food chain for the organism you did your nested ecosystem on.
- For example: Bear--> Salmon-->etc (Don't forget what all food chains end or start with (depending on how you look at it.)
- If you have any question, please post them here.
5.) SCIENCE/ART: Bring a piece of cardboard to school tomorrow. It must be at least 30cm by 30cm.
Food Chains, Food Webs, and the Energy Pyramid