- Read everything posted today
- Complete the daily PAR and complete any missed PARS from earlier this week and last Friday.
1.) LA/WORD WORK:
- Vocabulary test on spelling and definitions
- Complete your definitions and sentences if you have not yet done so
2.) POST A RESPONSE:
- You started learning about the NOVEL APPROACH this week. This is how you will learn how to 'READ' to deepen your comprehension.
- We started reading 'ONE FOR THE MURPHY'S' yesterday for our first read aloud.
- Today, you will practice sharing a 'CONNECTION' you have already made to the story. Remember, you can make any connection you want using your background knowledge.
- You can make one to another book (text to text connection) you have read, a personal experience (text to self connection), or something going on in the world around us (text to world connection).
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can make a connection to 'ONE FOR THE MURPHY'S.
1.) Paragraph format (intro, body, and conclusion)
2.) Include a deep and meaningful connection that you explain in detail.
3.) Check your paragraph for the givens (spelling, capitals, grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation).
For Parents/Students: Learning Intentions and Success Criteria
Collage Art activity (for ideas)