Also, if you haven't already done so, please be sure to download the app and log into FreshGrade using your passwords. Be sure to login with your parents under their accounts as well. Help them download the app to their mobile devices so they can stay in the loop with your learning and education. Special announcements and your assessments will all be posted here on a regular basis. Your first one will be uploaded on Wednesday in class.
IMPORTANT: FIELD TRIP TOMORROW! Dress appropriately, bring your lunch, bus fare or compass card, a jacket, something to take pictures with, a backpack, etc. If you have any questions, post them here.
1.) POST A RESPONSE #1:
- Watch this video.
- In your own words, describe the difference between mixed numbers and improper fractions using something from your life. For example, a pizza (s). I ate an entire pizza plus an additional half. This equals 1 1/2 pizzas. Each of the pizzas had 8 slices. I ate a total of 12/8 slices.
- Today, you continued working on your 'Great Canadian Mail Race' letters.
- Do some research online and post the name and full address of the school you wish to send your letter to. This school cannot be a one that is located in British Columbia.
- Explain why you chose this location and school.
- Givens: spelling, capitals, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Give one person some feedback and Edit/revise you original posts for the givens mentioned above.
Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions