In addition to writing, students also watched several videos of former students giving their speeches for Speech Fest. They followed along with their speech criteria sheets and were able to identify what these participants needed to do to meet the criteria of a quality speech. Click here to view them again.
1.) LA: Think about your topic for Speech Fest based on the brainstorming from class today.
2.) MATH 6: Any assigned work. Check your teacher's website.
- Watch this video to prepare for class tomorrow.
- Bring two items from home. These items can be anything, however, they must be in the same units. For example, if you bring two packs of candy, make sure their weight is labeled in grams. In addition to this, you must have the exact price of your items before taxes are added. If you choose to bring drinks, make sure they are in the same units (mL or L).
- We will be doing a shopping/math activity in class tomorrow so it is important you bring at least two items with their prices.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- In your own words, explain what goes into the following when writing a standard 5 paragraph essay.
2.) Body paragraph 1
3.) Body paragraph 2
4.) Body paragraph 3
5.) Concluding paragraph
- Comment on 2 other student responses and give them feedback if they missed anything that is normally required in a standard 5 paragraph essay.
- Respond to any comments you receive.
Speech Fest Participants 2012