1.) READING: 20-30 minutes
2.) MATH: Complete any unfinished work from yesterday. We will mark it in class tomorrow.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, you learned about traits of good writing. Your lesson was on 'Generating Ideas'.
- Many of us often get stuck when we can't think of ideas for our writing. Today's lesson helped all of us generate more ideas.
- Learning intention: I can use a variety of strategies to generate ideas for my writing.
- Use one of the ideas you learned in class today and generate ideas on a piece of paper (web, mind map, list, pictures, drawings, diagrams, outline, etc) and generate ideas on the topic below. BRING THIS PAPER TO SCHOOL TOMORROW. We will upload it to FreshGrade tomorrow.
- TOPIC: How can you improve your performance in school?
- After you do this on paper, type out the following here:
1.) List out 3 ideas you came up with that can help you improve your performance at school. Think
about the different ways you learn at school and how you can become a better learner.
I came up with 3 ideas. These ideas included using my planner, making a schedule at home to
monitor my comprehension.
2.) Choose one of the 3 ideas you listed and give 3 supporting details/examples about this single
I can monitor my comprehension more by asking Mr. Hong questions when there are concepts
that I don't understand. (you must include 3 details)
3.) Check for the givens (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, capitals, punctuation, etc)
4.) Edit/revise based on feedback from the PAR police or on a self-assessment.