In writing, we continued learning about different strategies we can use to generate ideas. Using VENN diagrams to come up with similarities and differences on a variety of subjects and topics.
FIELD TRIP: Parent volunteers, please be in the class by 9:50am. We will depart the school at 10:00am promptly to head to the Kerrisdale Arena. Our ice time is from 10:30 - 11:30. We will return by the time lunch begins. Click here for a link to the drivers/students.
1.) READING: 20-30 minutes
- Click here to practice using digital fraction strips to compare fractions.
- Click here to practice using digital fraction strips to compare fractions a little bit differently.
- Play some of these math games for homework on equivalent fractions.
- Watch this video.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we were lucky to have a new student join our class. Zarif recently moved to Canada from Saudi Arabia.
- In paragraph/essay format, complete the following.
1.) Include a self-introduction and kind message.
2.) Explain 3 interesting things about how we learn in class. (Eg. The Big 6, how the website
works, how we learn, what C-charts are, Zones of Regulation, self-regulation, mindfulness,
expectations, etc. )
3.) Include examples/details (supporting sentences) for each of the three things you mentioned
4.) Edit/revise your writing based on a self-assessment or feedback from the PAR POLICE.