Also, today we had a chance to work with our Mrs. Nowotny's class! The grade 6/7 students taught their little buddies about the importance of following criteria, giving/receiving feedback, and editing and revising their work! In addition to this, they taught their little buddies how to blog online! Our little buddies will continue editing/revising their work in our next buddy class! Click here to see what they have done so far!
1.) MATH 6: Complete the textbook work.
MATH 7: Any assigned work.
2.) SCIENCE: Complete your two worksheets.
3.) PASSION TRAILERS:
- Complete for Monday.
- Be sure to follow your criteria sheet closely. If you create a really good passion trailer, but you don't follow the criteria, you will not receive a good assessment.
4.) SCIENCE ART:
- Don't forget to bring your clear/small/narrow container to school on Monday!
- We will be making density towers!
5.) POST A RESPONSE #1:
- Complete in paragraph form. Be sure to use capitals, proper grammar, spelling, sentence structure, transition words, etc.
- Why is it important to always follow criteria when completing assignments?
- Why is it important to give and receive feedback to others?
- Why is it important to always take the suggestions/feedback given to you to make improvements on your work?
- Remember, you must post your response, give suggestions for improvement to others, and edit and revise your original post after receiving feedback.
6.) POST A RESPONSE #2:
- Click here to read what your global buddies wrote!
- Introduce yourself by writing a self-introduction to them! Remember, don't tell them what city and country you are from. You can give hints (For example: Continent) but only hints.
- Ask at least 2 students from your global buddy class about themselves and where they are from. Try to ask questions about the landscape, proximity to the ocean, climate, continent, etc and try to figure out where they are from.
- Keep in mind that you should always pay attention to your spelling, grammar, sentence structure, vocabulary, etc. "Think before you click!"
The Terry Fox Documentary
Other videos will be added later this weekend (Grouse, Buddies, etc)