1.) SOCIALS STUDIES 6/7: Continue working on your projects. They are due on Wednesday! Post your questions here if you have any.
2.) ART 6/7: If you are one of the few students who hasn't completed your digital art, be sure you have uploaded it to this Google Presentation.
3.) AQUARIUM FIELD TRIP:
- Bring your forms/money tomorrow ($11.50)
- Bring your skating money if you have forgotten to hand this in.
4.) SECRET SANTA:
- Purchase a gift between $5-$10. Gifts will be exchanged on Friday! Talk to Mr. Hong if you may not be able to participate due to financial reasons.
5.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we read, synthesized, and evaluated the big idea behind 'The Gift of the Magi'. Many students were able to critically look at the 'Big idea' behind the story from learning more about the characters from the story and their acts of kindness.
- In addition to this, we connected the big idea to pop culture and the effects of advertising/marketing on our attitudes and behaviour. We used the recent 'WESTJET' video as an example and had an in depth class discussion on unselfish acts and then we discussed 'Altruism'.
- Was WestJet's 'Act of Kindness' an unselfish act?
- Why or why not? Use examples to help support your opinion.
- Did they have an ulterior motive for producing this viral video?
WestJet Real-Time Giving?
The Selfish Penguin Video (To be updated)