1.) Interim Reports: Please have your parents read it, comment, sign, and return it tomorrow.
- Complete Peer assessments for your partner(s)
- You must be specific with your suggestions for improvement. Do not simply say, add transition words.
- Say something like, "You might want to add an introductory transition word at the beginning of your body paragraphs. Use words like firstly, secondly, finally, etc."
- NOTE - You do not have to make any edits/revisions to your own paragraphs today.
3.) MATH 6: Any assigned work. Check your teacher's website.
MATH 7: Complete 3.5 worksheet. Make sure you draw pictures and write down the information you
can gather from the information given. Post questions here if you have any.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- STEP 1: Create a new map on your Google Account by clicking here. You can title this map, 'FAMOUS CANADIAN LANDMARKS'.
- Using your research skills, find 'CANADA'S PARLIAMENT HILL'.
- STEP 2: Label it and mark it. You can choose any one of the symbols and colours to use for your legend.
- STEP 3: This will also require you to post a link here to your 'VISIBLE SHARED LINK'.
- STEP 4 - Using Google Street View, enter one room/location inside Parliament Hill and use your power of observation to collect as much information about the room you find most interesting. You need to be a Google Maps Detective. You need to teach your classmates as much about this location as possible (BASED ONLY ON YOUR OBSERVATIONS). TIP - Drop the little yellow Google person on a blue line on your actual map to visit the different locations.
- STEP 5: Copy and paste the link to this location (Street View) if possible. Simply copy and paste it here.
- STEP 6 - In addition to this, I want you to provide at 3 sentences in your own words about this location inside of parliament hill. Tell us a little more about what happens there.
- STEP 7 - Provide at least one reliable link/source/website where you obtained your research. Do your best not to mention points and links that have already been shared on today's post.
- STEP 8 - If you are able to, explain why you think this link/source/website is reliable? Give 3 points. Click here to view the 'C.R.A.A.P. RELIABILITY TEST'. Grade 7's have learned about this. Grade 6's, you will learn about this.
- HINT: Check out the useful links below! DO YOUR BEST! DON'T WORRY IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!
VIDEO LINKS/USEFUL LINKS:
Inside Parliament Hill
Official Google Canada Blog
Parliament HIll on Google Maps Street View