As you may have already heard, I will be going on a leave of absence starting this coming Monday, November 2. Your child will likely have given you a letter from the principal today detailing my absence and transition to a new teacher.
I have chosen to take a leave of absence to care for my children until next fall. I expect to return to teaching in Surrey in the next school year.
Mr. Stewart is the new teacher taking over for me for the remainder of the school year. I will ensure that he is up to speed before I leave; both in terms of what your child has learned, and what the plans are for the rest of the year. In addition, your child's learning plan has already been completed by the Grade 6/7 team of teachers, therefore Mr. Stewart will be fully informed of your child's learning needs. If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact me or the school administration.
It has been my absolute pleasure to teach all of your children this year. I can say without hesitation that your children are a wonderful group of learners and honestly one of the best classes that I have had during my teaching career. Their curiosity and love for learning is amazing!
I am looking forward to spending the next ten months with my own children however, and hope that you share my happiness in this wonderful opportunity for my family.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I wish you, and your children, all the best and know that they will have a successful school year.
1.) MATH 6 Wilson: Play the assigned game. Check your teacher's website.
MATH 6 Van: Pg. 50 worksheet
- Complete Ch. 2 Lesson 1 Worksheet Equivalent Fractions
- Play this game on equivalent fractions and post your high score.
2.) DIGITAL ART:
- Your collages must be shared directly to my gmail address by 8am tomorrow morning if you haven't already done so.
3.) POST A RESPONSE (ANIME/MANGA ART):
- Complete your first draft of your self-portrait characterization using the anime/manga style
- Click here to view the learning intentions and the criteria you created in class today.
- Click here to visit a great website with 'HOW TO' tutorials.
- Use YouTube as a resource if you want to see how to draw different facial expressions, hair styles, drawing bodies, eyes, noses, mouths, etc. BE SURE TO PROVIDE THE LINK TO THE VIDEO YOU USE FOR YOUR DRAWING.
- Click here to watch the video we watched in class today.
- Post a link to your shared manga/anime drawing. Simply take a photo of your drawing and share it via Google Drive. If you have any questions, please post them here.
- Click here to see some examples of anime eyes. Click here to see more examples of eyes.
- Click here to see examples of how to draw a face.
- Click here to see how to draw a boy's face step by step. Click here to see how to draw a boy's face.
- Click here to see how to draw a girl's face step by step.
- Give two students suggestions on how to improve their drawings.
Drawing Facial Expressions