During Social Studies, a question was raised in regards to current events and the current Translink vote that is looming. We spent some time critically analyzing several biased websites to make sure we were reading about both sides of the story. Before our discussion, the majority of the class was in support of a no vote. By the time we had our debate in class, the tides had changed. Tonight's post a response will be based on your individual research you complete tonight.
1.) MATH 6: Any assigned work. Check your teacher's website.
MATH 7: Area and circumference worksheet. Complete all other unfinished work from the previous
2.) SOCIAL STUDIES: We will continue the infographic presentations on children's rights tomorrow.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Newspaper articles are often assumed to be unbiased, however, most of the time it is clear that articles are biased to one side or the other. When an opinion is biased, it is one sided. When an opinion is unbiased, it is impartial or give both sides of the story.
- 1.) What is your personal opinion on the Translink debate?
- 2.) If you could vote, would you vote yes or no?
- 3.) Provide 2-3 supporting sentences that provide support for your position on the debate.
- 4.) Provide a question or statement to 2 other students to push their thinking.
- 5.) Respond to any comments/questions you receive.
Circumference of a Circle