FRIDAY POTLUCK: Click here to sign up. Everyone is expected to contribute.
1.) LA/NOVEL APPROACH:
- Your first draft of your powerful response is due tomorrow.
- If you haven't shared it with me yet, be sure to do that so I can give you some feedback. I have included some of the resources below:
- Powerful response Rubric/Criteria
- Powerful Response Template
- Example of how to use the template (Developing-Applying)
- Powerful Response example 1 (Applying-Extending)
- Powerful response example 2 (Applying)
- Test on Friday (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and order of operations with integers)
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we started our poetry unit by creating some fun and easy acrostic poems.
- For your PAR today, write a new acrostic poem using the title of one of the books we have read in class. Choose 'When I was Eight', 'Not My Girl, or 'I am Not a Number'.
- Watch this video to review some of the things you learned today.
- The underlying themes should be 'RECONCILIATION'. This is a heavy topic, but a necessary one.
History For Kids - Canadian Residential Schools