- Setting a purpose
- Monitoring comprehension
- Using background knowledge to make connections
- Finding what's important
- and inferences
The students are becoming more comfortable using the strategies that best help them understand what they are reading. Keep up the good work!
- complete any unfinished worksheets on identifying integers
- click to review the concepts learned in class this week
- OPPOSITE INTEGERS VIDEO
- LOCATING POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE INTEGERS ON A NUMBER LINE (remember that decimals and fractions are not considered to be integers)
- If you want to get ahead, check out some of the integer lessons located here.
- If you want an even bigger challenge (Grade 7's) , check out some of the lessons here.
- Click here if you want to get ahead by trying to add/subtract positive and negative integers. We wil learn these concepts next week.
- Post any questions here.
2.) LANGUAGE ARTS:
- Complete your visible thinking and graphic organizers for 'RUDOLPH'.
- If you have any questions about this, please post them here.
- Complete your homework.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- In your own words and using what you wrote on your visible thinking sheets and graphic organizers, what is the big idea you came up with after the 'RUDOLPH' lesson?
- Be sure to use examples/evidence from the story and your handouts that help support your big idea.
- Ask 2 students questions about their 'BIG IDEAS'. Do your best to ask questions to students who haven't received any.
- Reply to all questions you receive and try to add it into your revised POST A RESPONSE.
- Self-assess your writing and edit/revise them. (Spelling, capitals, grammar, sentence structure, and add any info you think is important after answering the questions from your classmates.)
- Post any questions you have here.
Watch this video to prepare for Math class next week. Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers.