In math, the grade 7's practiced using the BDMAS system for order of operations. After lunch we played badminton in the gym and worked in small groups on our thinking and learning questions for our Novel Approach books.
1.) MATH 6: Any assigned work.
MATH 7: Pg 130 - 131 Questions # 7-10. If you need some extra review, please watch this video at home.
2.) LA / NOVEL APPROACH:
- The conversations were rich and the students learned much from each other today. The students are getting accustomed to learning from one another through face to face conversations and online discussions.
- Click here to continue the conversation. Engage your peers with responses, questions, etc.
- Today, you used your reading strategies to display your visible thinking on your reading material. You also learned much about Mesopotamia and aspects of this civilization that contribute to its success.
- In detail and in paragraph form, choose one point that you feel strongly affected the success of the Mesopotamians and give a detailed explanation of how it could have helped them succeed as a civilization.
4.) GENIUS HOUR:
- Bring your materials to school tomorrow so you can work on your projects. You have 2 more classes before you present.
- BDMAS KHAN ACADEMY VIDEO: In this video, they use the word parentheses instead of brackets. Also, they mention exponents, but you will not be doing this in grade 7. You will only do 1.) Brackets 2.) Division and Multiplication (left to right) and 3.) Addition, and Subtraction (left to right)