- READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW!
- Post your edited/revised concluding paragraph as a reply to your original post from yesterday!
- This must include edits/revisions based on what you learned in class today about how to write a concluding paragraph.
- Click here to review the link on concluding paragraphs.
- Click here to review the video/song on essay structure.
2.) Summarize each of your points in one concise sentence. As discussed in class, restate your
topic sentences in a creative way. This should be a slightly longer sentence and not three
3.) Add a clincher. Click here to read about different types of clinchers you can use. Use one of
the ones listed for your concluding paragraph.
2.) MATH 6: Any assigned work. Quiz tomorrow.
MATH 7: Complete worksheet 3.6 with new strategies and study for your quiz tomorrow on
multiplication of decimals.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Click here to re-read the notes on 'CLINCHERS'. Remember, the clincher is your last sentence in your concluding paragraph! DO NOT POST YOUR ENTIRE CONCLUDING PARAGRAPH HERE! ONLY YOUR 2 SEPARATE/DIFFERENT CLINCHERS!
1.) QUOTATION: (Insert a quote here that clinches your essay)
2.) HUMOR: (Insert a sentence or two that clinches your essay)
- Select two different types of clinchers from the link above.
- Create two unique clinchers (sentences) to conclude your essay. Tell us which ones you chose and create two separate sentences to clinch your essay. This will give you several options to choose from to use in your final essay. This does not mean add both to your concluding paragraph.
- Give specific feedback/suggestions to at least one other student.
- Your feedback should be related to the information on the shared document.
- Edit and revise your two new clinchers based on the feedback you receive.
USEFUL LINKS/VIDEO LINKS:
Essay Structure Rap
Shared Document (CLINCHERS)
How to Write a Concluding Paragraph