1.) PARENTS: The Remembrance Day Assembly will begin at 10:30am tomorrow morning.
2.) POST A RESPONSE #1:
- What might be causing the death of the Sea Stars up and down the west coast of North America?
- Be sure to come up with a unique theory and share your own opinions. We had several students yesterday and today who shared some amazing ideas! Don't forget to use your science terms (IE Producers, consumers, ecosystems, habitat, interconnected web, food chain, etc).
3.) POST A RESPONSE #2
- Today, we focused on 'MONITORING COMPREHENSION' in Language Arts
- Some ideas that helped you monitor your own comprehension: stop and think, reread, slowdown, read ahead, read out loud, look at the text features, maps, pictures, subtitles, titles, identify a source of confusion, ask questions, get background knowledge, get more background knowledge, talk to a friend, parent or teacher.
- In your own words, explain what it means to 'MONITOR COMPREHENSION' when you are reading.
- Tomorrow, we will focus on VISUALIZATIONS and FINDING WHAT'S IMPORTANT! Watch this one minute video so you're ready for class tomorrow!