Today, we revisited the class rules and did a lot of work on respecting one another. We discussed examples of what it looks like to be a good citizen and brainstormed ideas of how we can be better citizens of K.B. Woodward and the community. The students had a lot to say and were able to draw on their personal experiences during the writing activity. We are looking forward to seeing some good citizenship throughout the school year.
1.) MATH: No homework. Feel free to work on the fraction sheets if you like.
2.) Evolution/Adaptation research project:
- Continue researching your organism. Click here in case you forgot your criteria sheet at school.
- Remember, you must include at least 4 separate adaptations your organism has made. I changed it from 5 because I thought that might be a little too much.
- Don't forget to keep track of your sources of information according to the criteria sheet.
3.) Personal Information forms are overdue.
4.) Passion Trailer Projects:
- It is due on Monday. This will be your last feedback session and then you will hand in your final copy after you make your final edits, on Tuesday.
- I will not accept any excuses if you do not have it at school on Monday.
- Click here for the criteria sheet you created in case you forget this at school.
- DO NOT FORGET TO PREVIEW, SAVE, AND FINALIZE YOUR VIDEO BEFORE SCHOOL ON MONDAY. If you don't do this, you will not be able to share it with your classmates on Monday.
- Click here to view my former student teacher's passion trailer.
5.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Post 2 different sources of information for your research.
- This can include a website, a YouTube video, a book, an online newspaper article, etc.
- After posting each source, YOU MUST explain the different 'ADAPTATIONS' your animal has made over time. For example, Jagger told the class about what he learned about whales and how he read they had legs many years ago. Explain why your animal was different and why it has changed up until present day.
- YOU MUST GIVE FEEDBACK TO AT LEAST ONE OTHER STUDENT! Give at least one student something they could improve on. This can include more detailed information, specific spelling mistakes, etc. This is being assessed for your interim report card.
- YOU MUST ALSO EDIT/REVISE your original post (reply to it) by responding to the feedback or by self-assessing your own work and adding to your original post or improving it some way.
- If you have any questions about the homework, please post them here.
Being a Good Citizen