1.) SOCIAL STUDIES 6/7:
- Complete your research work by Monday. Be sure to follow the criteria. If you have forgotten it at school, post a message here and someone will share it with you. Also, if you need any help, feel free to post questions here.
- Your final section will be one you have chosen. For example, some students have already chosen 'Sports' as their final section.
- As always, keep the C.R.A.A.P test in your mind as you look at different sources. You want to use the most reliable sources available.
2.) POST A RESPONSE #1:
- Watch this video and follow the instructions below. Don't forget to think about the expectations of a quality response. Be sure to explain and elaborate on your ideas!
- What is the 'BIG IDEA' behind the making of this song? (Remember everybody will have different interpretations. Write our your messy thinking here)
- Provide some evidence/proof of why you feel this is the big idea.
- What is your opinion about this video/message?
- Why do you think this?
2.) POST A RESPONSE #2:
- As you all know, my wife is a lawyer. To be a lawyer, you must have excellent research skills and you must be able to distinguish (tell the difference) between reliable and unreliable information. For your next 'A Novel Approach' lesson, you need specific background knowledge. Do some research and investigate the following:
- Why is he famous?
- Which band did he belong to?
- Why did so many people adore him? Was it just because of his music?
- What was special about his music?
- Did you find anything interesting about him?
3.) FIELD TRIP:
- So far, Mr. Sera, Mrs. Richards, Mrs. Furness, and Mrs. Ogilvy. We still need at least 3 more drivers.
- Ask your parents if they can drive and if so, how many students can they drive? E-mail me directly to let me know.
- If we don't get enough drivers over the weekend, we will not be able to attend.
John Lennon - Imagine