Self-regulation is an important skill to have. We all have different strategies we use to help us regulate our actions and emotions. Children and adults use different strategies to help them self-regulate. You will be learning many skills and strategies that can help you be successful learners this year. Like anything, this takes time and practice. I have already seen significant improvements in all of you compared to your self-regulation skills from Gr. 6. As always, please share the class website with your parents!
- Please return all signed forms that went home in the brown envelope yesterday. Pay all fees on our school website.
- Parents, please click here to read up on FreshGrade. We will be continuing our use of our online assessments that will be accessible 24/7. You will receive more information next week.
- Black duotangs went home today with 2 booklets.
- Booklet #1 must be completed for Monday.
- Booklet #2 must have the first 4 pages completed for Monday.
- Watch this video with your parents.
- After watching the video with your parents, write a paragraph (intro, body, and conclusion) about what you learned.
- Your introduction should be engaging. You body should include 2-3 supporting examples. Your conclusion should tie everything together. Use one of these templates to help you if you like. (optional) Paragraph template #1 Paragraph template #2
- In your body, include at least one strategy that you sometimes use to help you control your emotions. Explain what you do and how it helps you self-regulate.
- Give one student a suggestion on how to improve. If you want, feel free to give as many students a suggestion on how to improve.
- Focus your suggestion/feedback on paragraph structure. See if your friends used the proper paragraph structure!
- Edit/revise your original paragraph based on the feedback you receive or on a self-assessment.
Why do we lose control of our emotions? (WATCH THIS WITH YOUR PARNTS!)