- Skating field trip on Monday! Make sure you are not late on Monday. We will leave promptly at 8:55 am. Be in class by 8:50am at the latest! If your parent is driving, make sure they bring their license and insurance into the office along with the volunteer driver form before we leave.
- Parents, if you are interested in having your child sign up for a COMPUTER SCIENCE workshop, please click here. It is being offered by GIRLsmarts4tech at UBC on Feb 8th, 2020 from 9am-4pm.
- Bring one donation per day next week so we can exceed our goal!
- Complete any incomplete learning activities (upload items and complete learning reflections).
- Complete your 'FROZEN' program. Feel free to go onto something more challenging if you have already competed this on 'HOUROFCODE.ORG'. Upload all program links and certificates to FreshGrade.
- Upload a link to your 'FROZEN' program you created. If you did not complete this in class, you must do this over the weekend.
- Upload a copy/screenshot of your certificate of completion after you have completed your 'FROZEN' program.
- Write a learning reflection.
- Test on weather vocabulary.
- Please be sure to return your French vocabulary cards on Monday. DO NOT LOSE IT! This is for you to use all year!
5.) POST A RESPONSE:
- On Friday, most of you completing the grouting of your tile mosaics.
- This required several steps in order to keep it looking clean and smooth.
- In paragraph format, write about this process of applying grout.
1.) Paragraph format (intro/body/conclusion)
- Body must use example transition words.
- Explanation must also include transition words that indicate sequence or the order in which
you completed different tasks.
2.) Must include all grouting steps (tools you used, mixing of grout, applying grout, filling the
spaces between your tiles, how you did your best to keep things clean, making sure your grout
was smooth, cleaning off your tiles).
3.) For each step of the process, you must clearly explain an example (use a transition word) of
something that you did.
4.) In your conclusion, explain what you would do differently if you were to complete your mosaic
5.) Check for the givens/conventions of writing (spelling, grammar, capitals, punctuation,
sentence structure, etc)
6.) Do a self-assessment with the above criteria or give someone else feedback.
7.) Edit/revise based on a self or peer-assessment of the above criteria.
Hour of Code - Introduction