After recess, students continued their percentage calculations using sports statistics; they were quite engaged in seeing the practical application of percentages!
1.) MATH 6: Based on your research, calculate the percentage of wins, losses, and overtime games for 3 NEW teams. You must clearly show your information in a well organized table such as this one Ms. Fei created. You can use this as a model for your table or you can draw your own on paper. Watch this video. There WILL be a quiz on MONDAY based on the video!
Challenge: Place all your data and calculations on a neatly organized spreadsheet. HINT - Formatting the cells will allow you to automatically calculate percentages!
MATH 7: Any assigned work.
- Open your Google Document with your New Years' Resolution Essay and title it "Draft 1- New Years' Resolution Essay"
- Copy and paste your New Years' Resolution Essay into a new Google Document, and title the new document "Draft 2- New Years' Resolution Essay".
- Based on your self-assessment, make revisions in "Draft 2- New Years' Resolution Essay" to improve your essay.
- (In case you are wondering, we want you to make revisions on a different document, so that later on, we can look back and see all the improvements you made!)
3.) WRITE A RESPONSE #1:
- Visit Bobby Orr's Learning Journey and read/browse through it.
- Leave at least 3 comments for him!
4.) WRITE A RESPONSE #2:
- Post 2 specific strengths of your writing and 2 specific ways you can improve your writing.
Representing a number as a decimal, percent, and a fraction