- Bring your collage and materials to school tomorrow to work on in class.
- Bring any materials you need to work on your Plant I.D. project tomorrow. (You may need some form of technology)
1.) MATH: Complete/Mark/Correct Pg. 8-9
2.) SCIENCE: Continue working on PLANT I.D. Projects
3.) ART / COLLAGE: Work on Collage. Bring all materials to school tomorrow.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we learned a lot about residential schools and had some heavy discussions in class.
- Mr. Bains continued teaching you about paragraph writing. Today, you will use the ideas you wrote down on your handouts to write a paragraph.
- Paragraph topic: Orange Shirt Day (THINK ABOUTS - What is it? Why was it created? What do we have it? What happened? etc)
I can write supporting sentences using examples taken from today's lesson (2 video clips and read aloud story - refer to your handout).
1.) Paragraph format (intro, body (supporting sentences), and conclusion
2.) In your body/supporting sentences, use some transition words like - For example, To illustrate, In addition to, etc.
3.) Include at least 3 supporting details from what you wrote in class.
4.) Check for the givens/conventions (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure).
5.) Read at least one other paragraph and give your classmate a few things to improve on based on the above criteria.
6.) Edit/revise your original paragraph based on peer feedback or a self-assessment.
St. Joseph Residential School Stories