- Your child took home two handouts in regards to registering as a student at Churchill Secondary. Please review this with your child and complete the application form.
- We do not have enough drivers for the following ice skating dates: December 15th (Depart Laurier at 1:10pm) and December 21st (Depart Laurier at 10:20am). Please click here to email Mr. Hong if you can drive. If we do not get enough drivers, we will have to cancel both trips.
- Complete Questions #9-15 from pg 59-60 on Subtracting Fractions.
- If you have any questions, post them here.
- PLAY THESE SUBTRACTING FRACTIONS GAMES (varying levels)
- Bring your non-perishable food items to school tomorrow. Let's see if every student in the class can bring at least one!
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Here is link to your Novel Approach reading strategies in case you need to review them.
- In paragraph form (topic/intro sentence, supporting sentences, and concluding sentence), post what you think the big idea of 'WAR IS OVER' is all about. An essay is not necessary.
- Ask yourself what John Lennon was trying to say to people with the lyrics he chose. What was his message?
- Remember, all of you will come up with something different, but likely quite similar. Be sure to be honest with your 'BIG IDEA'.
- REQUIRED: Give one student a suggestion on their paragraph structure.
- REQUIRED: Edit/revise your original post based on feedback from others or your own self-assessment. You all understand that self/peer assessments take time and practice. This is an opportunity for more practice! Remember, the feedback you give others is only based on the paragaph structure and not the content of what they write.
Darius Rucker - War is Over
Splat Subtracting Fractions