1.) NO SCHOOL TODAY (PRO-D DAY). Teachers are participating in a workshop on racism and indigenous culture.
2.) Parents, please watch this Brene Brown video on Empathy with your child and have a discussion about it.
3.) Please note, there are several students who are not doing the daily PAR. I am well aware of who is completing it and those who are trying to fly under my radar. :)
- Complete 4 page booklet and upload to FreshGrade.
- Complete Pg. 90 in Jump Math.
- Upload to FreshGrade
- We will mark/correct math in class on Monday. (No need to do this over the weekend)
2.) LA/POWERFUL RESPONSE:
- If you didn't post your final edited/revised version of your POWERFUL RESPONSE (Big Idea) on Tuesday's post, please complete by posting your self-assessment and your revised version.
- Follow the success criteria on the rubric carefully.
- Ask questions here if you have any. Read the posts by your classmates if you need a better idea of what is expected.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Watch this video on EMPATHY with your parents. It is a necessary watch and a powerful one.
- Have a discussion with your parents about it.
- Today's PAR is a free write.
- Write a paragraph about what you think empathy is and how you can be more empathetic towards others at school.
- Ask two students about the content of their paragraph.
- Respond to any questions you receive.
Brene Brown on Empathy