IMPORTANT INFO: Your parents were sent an email earlier this morning. Please be sure to have them reply to it to confirm their contact info. Ask them to include your name in the reply. In addition to this, if they have any questions about your learning, please let them to know to contact me.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can apply my math concepts (multiplication, decimals, etc) to real-life
- Solve this problem using any format you choose (video, audio, pictures, a video of you explaining it, pen/pencil and paper, etc). Actual math work must be provided as evidence
Savings Question) to be evaluated.
- Mr. Hong on averages spends about $100 every 5 days on gas for his vehicle. (price before taxes)
- He also spends about $35 a week at Starbucks. (price before taxes)
- If Mr. Hong has self-isolated since March 11th and hasn't gone to Starbucks, how much money has he saved up to and including March 31st (20 days)? You can assume the tax rate for gas and Starbucks is 12%.
- This video may help you calculate the tax.
- Show and provide all work in the most CREATIVE WAY POSSIBLE!
LEARNING INTENTION: I can show my appreciation to healthcare workers!
- Show your support for all healthcare workers who are going to work to make sure we are all healthy and safe!
- Hearts in Windows was started to show support to all of them!
- Click here 1 2 3 to see Spencer's amazing 'HEARTS IN HIS WINDOW'. He was inspired by this YouTube Origami link!
- Your art activity today is to research a creative way to draw or make hearts! I want to see how CREATIVE you can get!
- As evidence of your learning, I want you to post your picture of your heart(s) on your front windows of your home!
- In addition to this, show your appreciation for all of the healthcare workers at 7pm! Have a family member take a picture/video of you outside in front of your window with your heart while you bang on some pots and pans to make as much noise as possible!
- ITEMS TO UPLOAD:
1.) Picture(s) of your heart to the Google Slideshow (link to Google Slides on FreshGrade)
2.) Post all images/videos/etc to FRESHGRADE. This includes the video of you making noise at 7pm to support the healthcare workers!
3.) Type your name on your slide.
4.) Copy/Paste your source of creativity on your slide (link).
3.) COMPLETE YESTERDAY'S POST A RESPONSE:
- Thank you for all your PARS yesterday. I was so impressed with the turnout on our blog yesterday!
- Today, you must do the following before moving on to today's PAR!
- Complete your edited/revised version based on the feedback you received.
- Post 2 questions about Covid-19 / Coronavirus that you have if you haven't already posted them. (Do this on yesterday's PAR)
- Answer any 2 questions that were posted yesterday.
- If you see someone has already answered a question, scroll down and answer another one.
- YOU MUST SHOW YOUR SOURCES OF INFORMATION FOR EACH OF YOUR ANSWERS!
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Watch today's posted video below.
- In letter format, write an open letter of appreciation to all 'HEALTHCARE WORKERS' (or anyone helping right now) in the lower mainland - Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, etc.
- You must complete this letter on a Google Doc that you create in your Google Drive.
- This Google Doc 'SHARED LINK - VIEW ONLY) must be posted here and the link must also be posted on FreshGrade.
- Also, share this with hillcrestblog @ gmail . com (comment access)
1.) You must use a standard letter style/format. Click here to see an example of a letter and things
to include (must be related to Covid-19/Coronavirus.)
2.) You can address it to the workers at any hospital in the lower mainland. You must research their
address and provide it.
3.) You must include Laurier Elementary as your home address. Again, you must research this and
4.) Share your letter with one of your feedback buddies from your table group or someone from
class. They must proofread it for you and give you feedback based on the 6 write traits posted
5.) We will not only send our Google Slideshow to all the hospitals, but you will send out your letter
to the hospital of your choice. This can be done at any point this week if possible. I will also
email a copy to the hospitals on your behalf.
6.) Only include your first name on the letter. No LAST NAMES.
Vancouver - Cheer on Healthcare Workers