- Parents, you will receive homework alert emails when your child has not completed his/her daily schoolwork. This is to prepare them for high school.
- Complete all 3 worksheets if you did not complete them in class.
- Mark and correct at home.
- Homework alerts will be e-mailed to parents if you do not complete your work (this includes marking/correcting your work)
- Below, you will find examples of some creative writes by other students your age.
- Gr. 7 Example - How the Stars Came to Be
- Gr. 7 Example - Linden's Library
- Gr. 8 Example - How the Stars Came to Be
- Gr. 8 Example - Linden's Library
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we started generating ideas for your creative writing stories.
- Watch this quick TEDx video on 'How to Write Fiction that Comes Alive!"
- In point form or paragraph format, write out some of your ideas you have for your creative writing unit.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can brainstorm ideas for a creative writing story.
1.) List at least 3 different ideas for a story.
2.) For each of the 3 different story ideas, include 2-3 events that might take place in your story.
3.) List 3 characters that may be in your story.
4.) That is it! You don't have to do anything else. :)
How to Write Fiction that Comes Alive