1.) MATH TEST: Fractions unit test on Friday
2.) ART: Students/Parents, please bring holiday decorations if you have any to spare. We will need them to decorate our holiday wreaths that we will be making. Also, if you have any metal hangers, please send them to school for us to use.
- Read for 30 minutes and write your reading reflection on your log sheet.
- If you need another one, there are copies in class or you can print it out at home. Feel free to type it out if you like. I find some students are able to get more ideas down when they type.
- Compete any assigned work (from the substitute teacher) and mark/correct at home:
1.) Click here for 2.6 - Subtracting with Grids Pg. 65-66 Questions #1-9
2.) ) Answer Key
3.) Click here and go to grids if you want to print them out to use.
- Watch the posted video 2 times. Review Essay structure.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Monitor your comprehension by watching the video between 1:13 - 2:53.
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can explain what an introductory paragraph in a 5 paragraph essay must include.
- SUCCESS CRITERIA:
1.) STRUCTURE: Paragraph structure (intro/body/conclusion)
2.) BODY: Include all components outlined in the posted video. Provide support in the form of examples. Remember, state information then back it up with an example of what you are talking about.
3.) GIVENS/CONVENTIONS: Pay attention to spelling, capitals, sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar.
4.) SELF-ASSESSMENT: Check the video to make sure you have included everything.
5.) PEER-ASSESSMENT: Give one student feedback on what they could improve on based on the above criteria.
6.) REVISION: Post your revised version after you have improved it.
How to Write a 5 Paragraph Essay