1.) Design can be responsive to identified needs.
2.) Complete tasks require the acquisition of additional skills.
3.) Complex tasks may require multiple tools and technologies.
The students learned about the basics of computer progamming. We modelled what programming would look like if two students were computers/robots. We designed instructions and the students followed the directives out when we pressed our imaginary 'RUN' button. After this, the students went to CODE.ORG and worked with blocks of code to instruct 'ANNA' from Frozen to make a creative snowflake on ice. This required the 21st century skills of: communication, logical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- We still need parent volunteers to drive students ice skating.
- Click here to sign up for Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences two weeks from now. (LINK WILL BE UPDATED THIS EVENING)
- HOMEWORK FOR PARENTS: It has been great seeing more and more parents commenting on student assignments on FreshGrade. Parents, please take a few minutes out of your day to view your child's assessments on FreshGrade and comment on them. The goal is to have students, teachers, and parents all actively involved in the feedback process on FreshGrade.
- Visit CODE.ORG, complete the 'FROZEN' lesson and post your 'SHARED LINK' here so we can see your creative work.
2. POST A RESPONSE:
- In a brief paragraph (intro, supporting sentences and examples, and a conclusion), explain what you learned about basic computer programming.
- Things you may want to include - what your definition of computer programming is, how you think it can help us live our lives, if you are genuinely interested in it, what are some possible career opportunities related to computer programming that exist? Feel free to do some research on your own about this.
- REQUIRED - Ask one student a question about their response.
- Edit/revise your paragraph for the givens (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure).
Push Yourself. Anybody can Learn.
Comparing Fraction Games