- Pg 165 #1-10 + W/S Pg 48-51
- Bring a flyer from the mail/newspaper/online to school tomorrow.
2.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Guess what I heard? I head that H&M is having a sale, but only for 3 days! They are having a sale on jeans, pants, and socks. (HELPFUL VIDEO: Calculating sale prices)
- The original prices are as follows: JEANS $70, SHIRTS $30, and SOCKS are $10 for 4 pairs.
- The flyer says that the discount is 33% off any of the three items listed above.
- Calculate the cost of purchasing any combination of the above items. You must choose 2 or 3 items and calculate how much the final cost will be. Today is also your lucky day because H&M said you don't have to pay any taxes!
- Remember, this is a time limited offer and will expire tomorrow morning when the bell rings.
- Use mental math if you can or calculate and do your best while showing your work. It is not easy to explain and show your thinking for math on a keyboard. This is why we must use our words to communicate our thinking as clearly as possible.
- Check one other person's answer to see if they are correct and comment on their question to let them know if they need to fix anything.
- Correct your own work if you made any errors.
Calculating Sale Prices