1.) Complete and submit any outstanding work (Best Meal 2.0 paragraphs, Meme project, etc.) - if you have any concerns, email Mr. Bains and Mr. Hong - communication is key!
2.) Have a fun and safe Halloween!
- Complete any learning reflections on FreshGrade you have not yet completed.
- Follow our learning reflection criteria when posting.
- Finish your Scary Short Story draft by Monday and share with your teachers - we'll be editing them using The Editing Hand!
- Finish your climate change current event and share with your teachers
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we finished reading 'ONE FOR THE MURPHY'S'. It was an incredibly powerful book that many of us were able to connect to.
- With our Novel Approach strategies, we have been learning how to improve our comprehension by strategically using these strategies. We have covered #1-5 from this list of reading strategies.
- In paragraph format, do the following:
LEARNING INTENTION: I can use my reading strategies strategically to find the big idea of ONE FOR THE MURPHY'S.
1.) Clearly state the big idea.
2.) Back up your big idea with 2 examples from the story/book.
- Provide at least 2 specific reading strategies you used and explain how they helped you
deepen your understanding of the BIG IDEA.
4.) Paragraph structure (engaging hook, body - supporting sentences, conclusion)
5.) Givens/Conventions (spelling, punctuation, grammar, capitals, and sentence structure).
6.) Complete a self-assessment of the above criteria and post a reply to your response.
7.) Edit/revise your response as a reply to your original paragraph.