- what is intended to be learnt
- where they need to go
- the learning process
- where they will go next
- the learning culture in the classroom.
1.) Return all FreshGrade forms if you have not yet done so.
2.) Last call for hoodies. If you haven't completed the sizing form that was posted, you will not be getting a hoodie. Make sure you get this done.
- Read information on each link below and complete the practice/quizzes at the end of each section/link listed below.
- Click here for some examples of different ways you can start your paragraph.
- Click here for information on supporting sentences.
- Click here for information on concluding sentences.
2.) LA/WORD WORK: Worksheets due tomorrow. Quiz tomorrow.
- Complete 2 prime factorization worksheets, mark, and correct.
- | Worksheet #1 and answers | Worksheet #2 and answers |
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- We have been reading 'ONE FOR THE MURPHY'S' in class since last month. In paragraph format, write a logical and structured paragraph and answer one of the following questions:
1.) How do you think you would feel about visiting your mom if you were Carley?
2.) The Giving Tree is Mrs. Murphy's favourite book. Carley thinks it is dumb. Find and read the book. What do you think the message is?
3.) What was your favourite children's book? Describe the story.
4.) What does Carley ask Mrs> Murphy and how do both characters react to the situation?
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can share a deep connection or visualization in my writing.
1.) Engaging Hook -
Make your introduction exciting! Click here for some examples of different ways you can start your paragraph.
2.) Body - Use examples, statistics, quotes, etc to support your response. Click here for information on supporting sentences.
3.) Concluding sentence - wrap up your paragraph without introducing new information. Click here for information on concluding sentences.
4.) Check for the givens (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure).
5.) Give one person descriptive feedback on their paragraph structure using the criteria above.
6.) Edit/revise your original paragraph based on a self-assessment/peer-feedback.<---REQUIRED!