PARENTS: If you haven't signed up for a conference, please click here. If you are unable to make any of the available time slots, simply email me and we can schedule a different day and time to meet.
- Complete questions #1-6 on pg. 54 and 55 if you didn't finish it in class today.
- Use this website and this one to help you visualize fraction strips. It allows you to compare digital fraction strips very easily. It will help you with your homework.
- Remember, you must draw the fraction strips to show your work.
- Review this video on comparing fractions with fraction strips and this one on adding with fraction strips.
- Check these links for more help: Digital Fraction Strips 1 Interactive Fraction Strip Comparison Site 2
- INTERACTIVE FRACTION BAR GAMES
2.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, you learned how to estimate and add with fraction strips. Like anything, it takes practice to master this method.
- In your own words, explain how to use fraction strips to estimate fractions. Be sure to use an example in your response.
- List out the steps.
- Now, go back to your math homework and see if this helped you with your estimating questions.
How to Add Mixed Numbers with Fraction Strips
Comparing Fraction Strips
Fraction Strip Games
Digital Fraction Strips 1
Interactive Fraction Strip Comparison Site 2