Today, students started thinking about where we, as humans, originated from. We started brainstorming on the board and the following words were written down: DNA, evolution, cells, primates, religion, beliefs, natural selection, and dinosaurs to mention a few. The students had many questions and our discussions were very deep. Dyamontae had such great conversation starters and it is clear the others are just as great!
PARENTS: Meet the Teacher Night Open House at 6:30-7:00 tonight.
1.) Math: Complete booklet #13 if you haven't already completed it.
2.) P.A.R.: Complete all past post a response assignments on our class website.
3.) Passion Project/Me Project:
- Use your brainstorming from today to start collecting and creating pictures and videos.
- For tonight, start collecting items for your 3 passions and your culture.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Explain in your own words, your definition of 'EVOLUTION' and give one example of an animal or something else that has evolved over time. Use a different example than what your classmates have already posted.
- Give one other student feedback on what he/she can do to improve their post.
- Edit/revise your post based on your self-assessment of today's assignment and the feedback you receive.
- Play this Natural Selection game.
Bill Nye the Science Guy - Evolution