- Students/Parents, please click here to schedule your conference. Make sure you let your parents know!
- Div 1 and 2 students, click here to sign up to bring something for our Halloween celebration on Thursday afternoon.
1.) ART: Pick up some coloured tiles from Home Depot/Rona. We will use these next week.
2.) FRENCH: Complete your 1 minute conversations for Thursday.
- Complete your paragraph on your postcard with a ball point pen.
- Draw your pictures on the front of your post card. The picture should be related to the novel or Vancouver.
- You will have time in class to colour your pictures tomorrow
4.) POST A RESPONSE / GLOBAL READ ALOUD:
- Watch this video.
- Using what you learned from this video, write a paragraph on what you think can be done in Vancouver to help those who are stuck in the poverty cycle.
1.) Pay attention to the givens (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, capitals, etc)
2.) Standard paragraph structure (hook, body, and conclusion)
4.) Includes at least 2 supporting examples from the posted video and uses transition words like
'FOR EXAMPLE' or 'TO ILLUSTRATE' or something similar.
5.) Ends your paragraph (conclusion) with a question that leaves your readers thinking about the
6.) Gives one student descriptive feedback about their paragrph based on the criteria above.
7.) Edit/revise based on a self/peer assessment.
The Poverty Trap/Cycle