1.) WRITE A RESPONSE/MATH:
- In an organized manner, be sure to include all the information below. Post questions here if you have any.
- Perform an experiment like the red/yellow chip experiment.
- Perform 10 trials for your experiment.
- Record the outcome for each trial.
- Record the ratio and percentage of each outcome to the total number of trials. For example, if you are flipping a coin for heads and tails and it lands on tails 3 times out of the total 10 flips, your ratio would be 3:10 and your experimental percentage for landing on tails would be 30%. You would also do the reverse for the number of times it lands on heads.
- The theoretical probability that it would land on heads and tails would be 50%. State your theoretical probability (this depends on the number of outcomes - IE A die would have 6 outcomes)
- What was your experimental probability for each of your outcomes?
- Was your experimental probability be close to your theoretical probability? Why or why not?
- What could you do to make your experimental probability be closer to your theoretical probability?