- Parents, student conferences are coming up. It will be optional. We will be using a different format this year. Your child will be creating a presentation they will show you later this month. This will be a display of their learning over the last few months. Should you have any questions after your child shares their learning with you, you have the option of having an online conference. It will not be mandatory. I will send out more information later this week.
- Reading logs are due anytime this week for the past month.
- Read for 30 minutes daily and log the strategies you use.
- Complete first handout (2 pages - front/back). We will mark it in class tomorrow.
- Continue working on your narrative writing assignments (creative writing).
- Make sure your setting (time/place) is clear and you introduce the main characters in your introduction.
- Try to incorporate 'FLASHBACKS' into your writing.
2.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, you learned about 'FLASHBACKS' and how to use them within your stories.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can write a paragraph that shows my understanding of how to use 'FLASHBACKS'.
1.) Paragraph format
2.) Givens/Conventions are paid attention to
3.) Includes a transition word that indicates it is a 'FLASHBACK'. If you are unsure about this, refer to the video posted below.
4.) Your paragraph must clearly show your writing transition from present to past(flashback).
5.) Give one student a suggestion for improvement and edit/revise your own paragraph based on peer feedback or a self-assessment.
Elements of a Story - FlashBacks