- ****Make sure your parents check their email and have booked a conference time for the week of Nov 2-6th.****
- Complete, mark, and correct pg. 58-60
- Monitoring Comprehension Graphic Organizers are due tomorrow (Novel Approach)
- Meme assignments are overdue (3 students have not yet submitted this)
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- A few days ago, Mr. Bains read 'OUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE' to you and you completed some activities around it. Rewatch the read aloud. Today, he taught you about the 'GREENHOUSE EFFECT'.
- Using the reading strategies you have learned already, read/watch this story again and try to determine what YOU think the BIG IDEA is. (Setting a purpose, using background knowledge to make connections, visualizations, and monitoring comprehension)
- Everyone will have a unique BIG IDEA.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can determine the BIG IDEA of 'OUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE'.
1.) Paragraph Structure (Intro, body, and conclusion)
2.) In your body, you must include at least 1 detailed connection and 1 visualization. Both must be clearly explained using examples of what you connected to from the book with your background knowledge.
3.) Check your work for the givens/conventions or writing (spelling, capitals, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation).
4.) Give one student who hasn't received any descriptive feedback, one or two things to improve on based on the above criteria.
5.) Edit/revise your original paragraph based on the peer-feedback.
6.) Check to make sure you posted your paragraph, posted your peer-feedback, and posted your revised version all on the same stream. Do not start a new stream. Just reply to your original paragraph. Keep your work organized!
Our House Is On Fire