1.) STUDENT GOAL SETTING CONFERENCES: Remind your parents to sign up for a goal-setting conference with you. They were sent the sign up schedule by email last week.
- JUMP Math pg.'s 66-68 - complete, mark, and correct.
- Continue to work on your climate change current event article (due Friday)
- Continue writing your scary short story (draft due Friday)
- Graphic Organizer for Determining What's Important (due Thursday)
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, you each received a small pumpkin - a gift from Mr. Bains, Mr. Hong, and Ms. Naomi. Over the next few days, we will be turning your pumpkin into a Day of the Dead (Dia los Muertos) themed pumpkin! Below is a video explaining What is Day of the Dead? National Geographic produced the video - a trustworthy media source. Watch the video (it's just over 2 minutes) and write a paragraph that summarizes what Day of the Dead is.
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can learn about Day of the Dead and write a paragraph that summarizes what it is.
- SUCCESS CRITERIA:
- 1.) Watch this video.
- 2.) Write a paragraph summarizing what is Day of the Dead? Paragraph Structure (Intro, body, and conclusion).
- 3.) Check your work for the givens/conventions or writing (spelling, capitals, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation).
- 4.) Give one student who hasn't received any descriptive feedback, one or two things to improve on based on the above criteria.
- 5.) Edit/revise your original paragraph based on the peer-feedback.
- 6.) Check to make sure you posted your paragraph, posted your peer-feedback, and posted your revised version all on the same stream. Do not start a new stream. Just reply to your original paragraph. Keep your work organized!
What is Day of the Dead | National Geographic