1.) PARENTS - Please have your child practice reciting their speech to you. Please help them stay on track for their speeches in the second half of next week.
- Complete 1 adding/subtracting worksheet using any strategy.
- Complete 2 adding/subtracting/multiplication/division worksheets.
- Show all your work.
- Mark and correct at home (answer key is on the back).
- Prepare and practice for your speech next week using the rubric/criteria handout.
- Prepare flash cards, any visuals you need, any props you may need, etc.
- Be sure to practice reciting your speech in front of a mirror so you can practice being more expressive.
- Watch the example speeches posted below.
3.) CAREER EDUCATION:
- The research portion of your career education assignment is due on Monday.
- Use your rubric/criteria handout in order to be successful in your learning.
- Don't forget to keep track of all your sources and where you found your information (reliable sources of information). Click here for the C.R.A.A.P. TEST.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- To be updated by Saturday morning.
2011 Punahou Speech Contest Winner
KCS Gr. 8 Speech Winner
| || |