SHAPE OF THE DAY
1.) NA/LA: Due tomorrow.
2.) Social Studies Projects: Due tomorrow.
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- The #BlackLivesMatters movement has brought a very important topic into the spotlight in 2020. This is one of the best things that has come out of 2020.
- Talking about race is important. We must talk about it from an early age and talk about it often. You should use the big 6 learning principles and your NA strategies to deepen your understanding of this topic.
- Watch the posted video and write a meaningful paragraph based on the video and your background knowledge of race and discrimination.
- More useful links: 21 Useful Anit-Racism Links <----- Check these out to add to your background knowledge.
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can write a meaningful paragraph showing my understanding of race and how I can do better.
- SUCCESS CRITERIA:
1.) Paragraph format (intro, body, and conclusion)
2.) Include reasons why we should talk about topics related to race.
3.) Include how we can talk about topics related to race.
4.) Include how you think this will help make the world around us a better place.
5.) Check for the givens (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure)
6.) Edit/revise as necessary
7.) REQUIRED: Ask 2 students questions about the issues/topics discussed in their paragraphs and reply to any questions you received. I will assess/evaluate this on FreshGrade.
How to Talk to Kids About Race
Systemic Racism Explained