Today, we were lucky to have Ms. Gill and Ms. Rai join our class to continue our talking circle from about a week ago. It was a good opportunity for us to continue learning about inclusivity. We continued our talking circle after they left and students watched two short, but important and valuable videos. They watched 'TO THIS DAY' and 'TROLL' by Shane Koyczan. These are two poems with relevant messages for students today. Parents, please watch it with your child and discuss the content.
- Don't forget your snacks for tomorrow's learning celebration! Check FreshGrade for the sign up.
- Watch the two videos with your parents and discuss the content.
- Be sure to complete the SEYMOUR SKI SCHOOL SURVEY #2 with your parents.
1.) MATH: Quiz has been postponed until tomorrow (Multiplication with decimals using lattices)
2.) LA / ESSAY WRITING: Your full draft of your essay must be finished for tomorrow. Many of you have already completed your drafts.
3.) SOCIAL STUDIES/INQUIRY: Complete blue inquiry handout and upload all inquiry materials to FreshGrade. Bring all materials to school tomorrow.
- Have tests signed and also upload it to FreshGrade.
- You must return it to Ms. Tan tomorrow.
- Post a learning reflection on FreshGrade.
5.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we had a talking circle with Ms. Gill and Ms. Rai.
- We continued this talking circle afterwards by watching some powerful (POEMS) videos by Shane Koyczan.
- We have worked on reading/comprehension strategies this term. Use them to figure out what the big idea is about both of these videos (poems).
- Click here for Shane Koyczan's comments on 'TROLL'.
- Choose one of the videos we watched today and complete the following:
1.) Paragraph format
2.) What is the big idea or message the SHANE KOYCZAN is trying to make?
3.) In your supporting points (quotes, examples, statistics, etc), share personal connections in your
4.) Use transition words for your supporting points
5.) Read your feedback buddy's paragraph and give them feedback on the givens (spelling,
grammar, sentence structure, punctuation,etc)
Troll - Shane Koyczan
To This Day - Shane Koyczan
| || |