In addition to Kevin visiting our class, Mrs. Farrell, Mrs. Jensen, Mr. Lewis, and I continued teaching the students about the importance of reading strategies. We modelled a good and bad example of how to push your thinking and the thinking of others so you (students) could see exactly what it looks like to deepen your understanding of text.
1.) SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Based on your self-assessment, make the necessary changes/edits/revisions to your research on your Google document. Continue improving the quality of your research based on your criteria sheets.
- Post any questions you have here or e-mail me if you need any further clarification.
- Aquarium form and $11.50
- We need volunteer drivers. Ask your parents! :-)
2.) MATH 6/7:
- Watch this video on equivalent fractions. Be prepared for a 5 question quiz on it tomorrow!
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Based on today's 'A NOVEL APPROACH' lesson (Bad/Good Example of feedback), post one thing that you learned about how to push your thinking and the thinking of others.
- Explain WHY you think it pushed my/your thinking further.
- Why is it important to push one's thinking?
- Add one question that could push the thinking of your classmates that would deepen their understanding of 'A Happy Christmas - The War is Over'.
Khan Academy - Equivalent Fractions
Happy Christmas - War is Over