We received a special visit from the author and illustrator Lee Edward Fodi (Mr. Wiz) in the afternoon. He shared about his journey to becoming a writer, and showed many of his fantastic drawings to the students. Lee also led the students through a creative visual brainstorming process, and each student drew a character of their choice.
1.) MATH: Complete the parallelogram worksheet given in class (5.1)
2.) SCIENCE: Complete the Wikipedia assignment. Share your Google Document with Ms. Fei.
- If you were away (or at band), you can see a video summary of what we learned at tinyurl.com/MsFeiTutorial3
- The additions to the class Wikipedia notes can be found on Ms. Fei's Instagram
3.) WRITE A RESPONSE: What did you learn about the reliability of Wikipedia? Revise/add to what you wrote yesterday. Your response should be detailed and written in complete sentences. Your response should have:
- At least 6 features of Wikipedia articles that increase and/or decrease the reliability of the articles
- At least 2 strategies you can use if you are uncertain about the reliability of certain facts
- BONUS: Try editing Wikipedia (see tinyurl.com/MsFeiTutorial4 for a brief tutorial on how to edit Wikipedia)