IMPORTANT: To be updated
1.) MATH: Complete, mark, and correct your ratio/proportion handout.
2.) BLACK HISTORY PROJECT:
- Presentations are on Monday.
- You must have all your materials ready to go.
3.) NOVEL APPROACH:
- If you haven't already, make sure you have shared your document with Mr. Hong. I will give you feedback on how you can do better on your picture book next week!
- When I was 8 is not being evaluated, simply assessed. The feedback you receive will help you next week!
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- On Friday, you banded together with your fellow classmates in division 1 and 2 to fight for what you believed in!
- Your belief was that you required extra time to complete and prepare your black history projects/presentations.
- You not only created a petition and had it signed by a large number of people and two teachers, but you did this in a very organized manner. You discussed it online, created a formal petition with signatures, and presented it to your teachers.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can explain how one person can make change.
1.) Paragraph format (intro, supporting sentences, and conclusion)
2.) Write about something you feel needs to be changed locally or globally and why you think this. (For example: It can be something at school, your community or something like Global warming - think about what Greta Thundberg. Watch this video for some inspiration.)
3.) Provide examples/support on why you think this needs to be changed.
4.) Ask one student a question about their post.
5.) Check your post for the givens/convenetions and the criteria above.
Be The Change